- Published on
Types of Cloud Computing Services
395 words2 min read–––
- Victor Sabare
In this article I write about the different cloud computing services and the briefly about the service models.
- Infrastructre as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
Similarities of the three cloud computing models
- Customers rent them instead of buying them, shifting IT services expense from an organisation's capital expense to operational expenses.
- Vendors are rensposible for the maintenance, administration, capacity planning, trouble shooting and making backups of their system.
- Fast and easy to obtain more computing resources and scale the IT serviceds in the organisation.
Infrastructre as a Service
- Here cloud computing offer remotely accessible servers, networks, and storage capacity.
- It is also known as hardware as a service
- The computing resources are on demand from the pool of resources that are in their data centers.
- IaaS customers are often tech companies with IT expertise. They want access to computing power but do no want to be responsible for installing or maintaining it. Companies like these use the infastructre available in the cloud to run software or simply store the data.
- IaaS is the most basic cloud computing service. It is the foundation of the other two service models.
- IaaS is the most flexible cloud computing service. It is the most expensive service model.
- IaaS is the most complex cloud computing service. It is the most difficult to use service model.
Platform as a Service
- Here cloud computing offer a platform for customers to develop, run, and manage applications without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure.
- PaaS customers are often software developers who want to focus on their applications and not on the underlying infrastructure.
- PaaS is the most popular cloud computing service. It is the most popular service model.
Software as a Service
- Here cloud computing offer applications that are run and managed by the cloud provider.
- SaaS customers are often end users who want to use the applications without the complexity of installing and maintaining them.
- SaaS is the easiest cloud computing service. It is the easiest service model.
- SaaS is the least flexible cloud computing service. It is the least flexible service model.
- The cloud computing service models are the foundation of cloud computing.